Sunday, April 12, 2009

Exciting Times

We get to meet our baby soon. Bergen's due date is the 22nd of this month and I am so excited to see our little one and wonder at the miracle whose heartbeat I heard months ago. I am hopeful that all will go as smoothly as it can as our baby seems well behaved so far. Already it recognizes my voice and quiets down/gets excited to hear me. A couple weeks ago I took Bergen (and baby) down for a checkup and the midwife was trying to find the babies' heartbeat with this little ultrasound device the baby was getting excited and trying to run away from it. At about this point I said something to My wonderful wife and put my hand on her leg, at which point the midwife asked me if I had noticed the baby quieted right down. So it is already listening to me and behaving itself generally being a good baby though not giving its momma much rest. Baby prefers to practice kung foo or kickboxing to sleeping at night and during most of the day it seems.
Sometime in the next couple weeks we should get to start what will probably be the coolest and scariest adventure of our life together and I am excited to finally be a dad. I am so proud of my beautiful bride through all of this and am supremely confident in her as we get closer and closer to the big day. She deserves all the love I can give her and so much more. How lucky am I to have her in my life!
Over the last few months we have been vetting names and up until a few days ago had not found any that we were too taken with. At this point though I think we are thinking of Eve or Eva for a girl and Elias William Howlett for a boy. I am not sure of middle names for a girl, perhaps Svea or Elanor. We will get to meet our little one and go from there I am sure.

Exciting Times!

No comments: